Australia is well known for its rich variety of resources, most readily available. Our commitment to sourcing ethical, sustainable and organic ingredients for our products is one of our founding core values. We absolutely love including native Australian treasures in our formulations, as it allows us to support local communities and ensure that you’re receiving the best that Australia has to offer! And with so many amazing plants and natural derivatives on offer, we are spoiled for choice – so we’ve collected some of our absolute favourites for you to see exactly why we use them, and exactly what they do for your skin!
- The health benefits of Kakadu plum have been enjoyed by the indigenous people of Northern Australia for thousands of years. Modern science have begun to reveal many of its benefits and it is claimed to be the the world’s richest natural source of vitamin C.
- Extracted in a way that makes it the ‘world’s first stable natural vitamin C’, it contains 3000mg of vitamin C per 100g of fruit. Oranges, on the other hand, contain just 50mg of vitamin C per 100g fruit.
- Kakadu plum not only supercharges your skin with its rich vitamin content, but also promotes the vision of sustainable practises to give indigenous people long-term economic opportunity.
- Kakadu Plum has astringent, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties which additionally hydrates, soothes and revitalizes the skin and helps to even out your complexion as well as enhancing radiance and bringing clarity to your skin.
- Hydrates, soothes and revitalizes the appearance of the skin to transform to a smoother, renewed complexion.
- Benefits sun damaged/dehydrated/devitalized/stressed/mature/dry/normal skin types.
- May help stimulate collagen production while minimizing the look of fine lines or scars.
- Repairs UV damage and reduces dark circles
Australian Papaya Extract
- Includes powerful enzymes called Peptins and natural AHA’s (alpha-hydroxy acids) found to improve tone and texture of the skin, promoting a healthy vibrant complexion, rejuvenating for mature, dull skin and aids in clearing uneven pigment and brown spots.
- It helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and gently exfoliates while antioxidants reduce inflammation and are helpful in fighting free radicals that can age skin.
- Papaya Extract also clears away dirt and oils that contribute to acne flareups, purifies and encourages the regeneration of the epidermis for smoother silkier skin.
- Proteolyic enzymes exfoliate the skin to remove dead and damaged skin cells and encourage cell renewal to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It also holds strong antiseptic properties along with proven skin-healing abilities that are highly soothing and an anti-irritant.
Lemon Myrtle Leaf Oil
- We use 100% pure and organic essential oil, sourced from our surrounding communities.
- Like many other of our ingredients, we strive to engage and support our local economies in an effort to promote and educate conscious, eco practices that are in harmony with our earth.
- It is high in vitamin C and extremely rich in citral making it very useful for purification and it holds more anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties than that of tea tree!
Australian PawPaw Extract
- Contains powerful enzymes to lowers inflammation and improve healing from burns.
- The enzyme papain breaks down inactive proteins and eliminates dead skin cells.
- Its best attribute is that it contains low sodium quantity. As the salt content is less, the water retention is also small. This leads to an overall hydrated skin.
- An incredibly rich fruit, it is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and vitamin C.
Found in: Vegan Lip Balm.
- A unique Australian fruit found widely throughout the deserts, and semi-arid areas of Southern Australia. It has striking, shiny red fruit approximately 15-25mm wide
- Rich with Phenolic Acids that have a multitude of benefits, including antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Its antioxidant activity considered stronger than that of Vitamin E, and its anti-inflammatory action reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It also contains Rutin, which is a strong anioxidant that can reduce the creation of free radicals. Free radicals cause damage to skin by stealing the charge from healthy celss and making them unstable. Skincare products need antioxidants to protect the skin from breaking down and aging.
- Rutin works synergistically with Vitamin C, inhibiting Vitamin C to oxidise an become a free radical and intensifying the antioxidant activity of Vitamin C.
- Rutin strengthens capillaries, reducing blood pooling in the delicate skin under the eye area, hence reducing dark circles and puffiness.
- Rutin has anti-inflammatory effects which is a major factor in skincare issues like the break down of collagen and elastin, increase in oil production (leading to acne and blemishes), as well as skin discolouration.
Found in: Brighten Resurfacing Enzyme Night Moisturiser.