How to beat the chocolate cravings this Easter!
being surround by chocolate for days certainly does not make it easy to resist! While it might be a time for indulgence, if you want some help to hold back, we are here for you! Read on for our top tips on how to make chocolate cravings a thing of the past.
- Our bodies are often tricked into believing that we hungry, when in fact it's dehydrated and craving water!
- Make sure to drink plenty of fluids – we love infusing our water with berries, mint, and a touch of honey to really satisfy that sweet craving!
- Avoid letting your blood sugar drop too much – this is where you can really get in trouble with cravings!
- To prevent this, eat several small meals throughout the day, or make sure you have healthy snacks on hand for in between meals
- Fermented food and drinks are brilliant for this – try kefir, kombucha, miso, or kimchi
- Specific essential oils combined with our sense of smell have been proven to be able to suppress appetite and balance blood sugar levels.
- By inhaling 2-3 times a day or when a craving hits, you can give your willpower an extra boost when you need it the most!
- These include peppermint, bergamot, and sweet orange.
- A lot of refinement processes strip the nutrients out of food and replaces them with sugars and preservatives. The more refined the food product, the worse it probably is for you.
- This often means you can be eating sugar without even knowing it – boosting your dependency on the dopamine hit that follows, and increasing your sugar cravings.