Nourish your inner and outer beauty with superfoods from the rainforest
[caption id="attachment_8676" align="aligncenter" width="412"] Acai the small superfruit from the Brazilian Amazon, very rich in naturally nutrients and antioxidants.[/caption]
The term 'superfood' has been passed around a lot lately and assigned to a wide array of ingredients - it is definitely becoming difficult to know if this label is warranted or not! We've decided to set the record straight and delve into some of our favourite ingredients that are definitely 'super' - Amazonian Acai Berry and native Australian Lemon Myrtle.
Amazonian Acai Berry
This is one berry that has truly earned the 'superfood' label. Packed full of nutrients and antioxidants, the perks are many. Known to boost energy levels and the immune system, acai berries also have anti-inflammatory properties, as well as being seriously delicious. When applied to the skin, you can expect all of these amazing benefits:
- The potent mix of antioxidants means acai is perfect at providing age-defying solutions. It will keep your skin glowing and fresh by limiting the amount of damage inflicted by free radicals, kicking that dull look out of the park.
- While time and exposure can easily diminish the potency of antioxidants, the nature of acai berry makes it have long-lasting effectiveness. It has shown to remain active and present where other ingredients have failed.
- Packed with Vitamin C, B and E, acai will nourish and renew your skin while boosting its nutrient levels. Moisture retaining, firming and rejuvenation is what you can expect from these vitamins. This also means that it works well for sensitive skin.
- Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids will reinvigorate dry and dull skin. Use acai to bring yourself back to that youthful, dewey skin that glows from within by balancing your fatty acid levels.
- Acai will also even help to even out hyper pigmentation, reducing the amount of dark patches on the skin.
See it in our Rainforest Body Polish
Visit our supplier of Acai berry straight from the rainforest - Amazonia
- to get Acai Berry to add to your smoothies, acai bowls and more.
Australian Lemon Myrtle
Native to central and southeast Queensland, Lemon Myrtle is a tree that grows in subtropical rainforests. Its evergreen leaves are crushed to extract the gorgeous oil that is the key form for this ingredient. Accompanied by a strong lemony scent, this oil is a powerful cleanser, used for a variety of issues. It definitely deserves the title of superfood - read on to see what it can do for your skin and why you'll soon be agreeing with us!
- Perfect for oily or combination skin, lemon myrtle will unclog the pores and gently cleanse the skin, clearing away impurities.
- It will also help to balance natural oil levels, and help to regulate skin that is experiencing oiliness or dryness.
- The high Citral content purifies the skin, mind and body of positive ions.
- Lemon myrtle comes with powerful aromatherapy benefits, as it soothes, relaxes and uplifts both body and mind. This also means that whenever you use a product with this ingredient, you will not only carry the aromatic qualities but also smell amazing!
See it in our Breath (Spirit) of Australia Essential Oil Blend
, Bright Space Aura Cleansing Mist
, Ocean Glow Body Salts
, Purify Enzyme Cleanser
, Purify Exfoliant and Mask (Dry Mix)
, Rainforest Hand and Body Lotion
, Rainforest Body Polish