As an ingredient, Calendula has been used for centuries to benefit both mind and body. Also known as marigolds, these beautiful flowering plants have certainly made their mark here at Synthesis Organics! Wonderfully gentle and powerful, we love Calendula as it can be used on all skin types, and is safe for children and animals. It has a wide range of healing and soothing properties, which has made it a favourite around the world, as well as its flowers coming in bright and cheerful colours! Read on to discover all the amazing different ways Calendula can benefit you!
Dynamic skin saver
Powerful wound healer
- It will have a powerful effect on boosting your skin's external appearance and beautiful glow.
- It has a high content of flavonoids, chemicals that act as anti-oxidants in the body. By improving blood flow to the skin cells, it increases anti-oxidants levels which can dramatically improve the appearance of wrinkles and ages spots, and even the visibility of scars.
- Anti-oxidants are also thought to protect body cells from damage caused by oxidation. A harmful chemical process, oxidation produces oxygen free radicals, which are natural chemicals that may suppress immune function.
- Ultimately, using Calendula on your skin will leave you with smooth, glowing, youthful and even-toned skin all year round!
All Body Benefits
- Calendula is well known to be incredibly effective at healing a variety of ailments, including cuts, scrapes, bruises and insect bites.
- This is due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, which have been showed in studies to aid wound healing by increasing blood flow to the affected area and promoting the production of collagen proteins. Not only will this also aid your skin, but will have a significant effect on healing scar tissue.
Find Calendula in your favourite Synthesis Organics products such as our Soothe Cleansing Oil, Soothe Creme, and Hydrate Eye Gel
- Calendula can greatly help with inflammation of joints, through either topical application or through tea, which should result in a rapid reduction of swelling and pain.
- Toothpaste and other oral health products containing Calendula are very effective in managing oral health, killing bacteria that cause gingivitis and cavities.
- New cancer research is pointing towards Calendula as having effective anti-tumour properties, and proving successful towards fighting certain cancers.
- It is also useful in treating varicose veins, as well as certain skin conditions such as eczema, juvenile acne and dry phthiriasis.