Why you actually need a toner in your skincare routine
The benefit of using a toner can sometimes be unclear - as we continue to have busy and active lives, wasting time on a product that does nothing for us just does not make the cut! The market is currently flooded with toners that are saturated with chemicals and can often do more harm than good. Used straight after we cleanse, our skin is especially vulnerable so we have to be even more careful what is used at this stage. This makes picking the right toner even more essential, to ensure we don't accidentally damage our skin.
What is a toner?
A toner is a water, alcohol, or gel-based liquid that is, first and foremost, used to balance your skin’s pH levels (normally around 5.5) after you use with your normal cleanser. Why do you need this extra step? Your face after cleansing becomes more alkaline, which makes it more prone to damage and inflammation. Using a toner balances your skin again.
What will a toner do for you?
What toner should you use?
- Restores your skin's pH balance, something that can cause oily complexions
- Helps to bind moisture to the skin
- Adds a layer of protection against dirt and pollutants
- Shrinks pores and tightens cell gaps, improving the appearance of skin and reducing oil
- Can prevent ingrown hairs
Infused with the revitalising power of millions of blossoms and a bounty of herbal extracts and superfoods to restore radiance and balance, our Hydrate Tonic
is hard to beat. It carries proven ultra hydrating benefits from both low and macro molecular bio-Hyaluronic Acid, which increases elasticity, smooth away fine lines and impart a dewy freshness to your skin.
Key Ingredients with Benefits
- Incredibly hydrating and barrier restoring to revitalising damaged, dull skin
- Balances skin’s oil to water formation and skin’s pH helping to treat acne skins
- Reduces fine lines, wrinkles and cleanses and tightens pores
- Soothes and cools rosacea, broken capillaries, irritated and sensitive skins
- Hyaluronic Acid sourced from a plant-based bio-ferment process, it is the purest and a vegan form. Retains 1000 times its weight in moisture to give the skin an intense rehydration boost and helps to restore skin’s barrier function. Acting like an osmotic pump, it effectively delivers other actives deep within the skin supporting complete skin regeneration.
- Pure Organic Rose Otto Flower Water sourced from the Valley of the Roses in Bulgaria bestows a calming, gentle, heart- opening aroma. Helping to balance sebum production and maintaining skin’s pH which helps tighten pores and reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Also stimulating circulation to reduce the appearance of telangiectasia (broken capillaries).
- Kakadu Plum delivering the world’s first source of stable natural vitamin C through a unique extraction method that protects and harnesses the precious phytonutrients, leading to rapid anti-ageing activity. Reducing wrinkles, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, rosacea and redness while increasing antioxidant protection, hydration, elasticity and collagen synthesis.
- Witch Hazel a natural astringent, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial that cleanses, tightens pores, soothes and cools irritations and redness within the skin.
- Use after cleansing and throughout the day when you feel needs a hydration pick-me-up especially while travelling and in aircon.
- Can be sprayed over make-up to re-freshen.
- Spray directly onto your face or into palms of your hand and then gently splash onto face and tap it into the skin. Or you may prefer to spray onto damp cotton wool pads and smooth over the skin.