Skin Care Regime - Morning or Night?
When it comes to our skin care regime, there can be a lot of conflicting advice out there. Finding what is most suitable for our own unique skin conditions can seem rather tricky. One such topic of discussion is determining the best time of day to apply products to gain the greatest benefits and results. During the day our skin is exposed to changing and often harsh weather conditions, UV exposure and free radicals. We also regularly apply topical make up and accumulate dirt and bacteria. This can leave the pores susceptible to clogging which in turn generates comedones and papules. Exposure to free radicals such as air pollution damages collegian and elastin fibres which results in the appearance of fine lines and premature ageing. Morning skincare regime benefits include;
- a fresh radiant complexion
- preventing congestion
- protecting the skin from harsh environmental factors, stress and inflammation.
- An enzyme cleanser to efficiently break down and remove dead skin cells
- A Vitamin C serum rich in antioxidants to protect the skin from free radical damage
- A moisturiser with natural sun protection
- An oil cleanser to break down and thoroughly remove make up, dirt and bacteria accumulated during the day
- A hydrating and balancing toner to re-establish the skin's PH levels, barrier function and aid reversal of free radical damage
- An eye cream and face moisturiser rich in essential fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins to reduce the break down of collegian and elastin fibres, nourish skin cells and maintain a smooth, even tone and texture.