The perfect mid-afternoon or on-the-go snack, protein balls are lightweight and extremely portable. The protein contained within plays a crucial part for your body, providing a sustainable energy hit and will also keep you feeling full!
Protein also aids basic bodily functions, such as the production of enzymes and repairing muscle tissue. It is responsible for keeping your metabolism working correctly and helps with mood swings, concentration and even your immune system
While they are now available mass market, the commercialised versions often contain hidden sugars and other nasties, robbing the protein balls of their nutritional benefits.
The easiest way to make sure you known what you’re eating (and avoid hidden calories!) is to make it yourself – and we’ve found an incredibly quick and easy recipe that you can whip up in minutes! So ditch the empty, sugary treats and give yourself the perfect excuse to start experimenting.
Add some flare to your protein balls by using our base recipe, and then get creative through choosing what you roll them in!
Base Protein Ball Recipe
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews, soaked & drained
- 3 tbs vegan vanilla pea protein powder
- 2 tbs organic coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cacao
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup organic rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 drop Synthesis Organics Peppermint Oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend for approximately 4 minutes
- If the mixture falls apart, keep processing until it sticks together
- Use a tablespoon for portion size, and roll mixture into balls
- Pick your rolling ingredients and coat the balls thoroughly
- Store in fridge for a couple of hours or until set
Suggested Rolling Ingredients:
- Cocao Powder or Nibs
- Shredded or Desiccated Coconut
- Matcha Powder
- Diced Dates
- Goji Berries
- Puffed Quinoa
- Sunflower Seeds
- Diced Cranberries
- Smashed Dark Chocolate
- Mixed Chopped Nuts