We love essential oils, not only as active ingredients in our skincare range but in their pure & most potent form for use in Aromatherapy. Essential plant oils have been used for medicinal purposes, cosmetic application and food preparation for thousands of years.
Our selection of essential oils are great for your natural first aid kit and also for enhancing your home & work environments and general well-being.
Aromatherapy is a complementary natural therapy. It embraces the notion of life force, whole organic food, good air and healthy lifestyle. It is a universal and abundant therapy that revitalises the mind, body and spirit. Essential oils are graded according to their purity, quality and composition.
We choose the highest grade that can be sourced and obtained from organic fields all over the earth, according to its botanical species and natural chemical composition which ultimately determines its effectiveness in any application. Diluted or synthetically created essential oils do not have the benefits of pure essential oils.
Aromatherapy can be used in many ways:
- Vapourising – add 6-8 drops of essential oil to water in a vapouriser. Apply heat, breathe deeply and enjoy the benefits.
- Bathing – add 5 drops of essential oil to hot water and agitate the surface, then immerse and enjoy.
- Shower – cover the plughole in your shower with a face cloth, dispense 5 drops onto the shower basin and shower as normal, breathing in the steam to be energised.
- Spritz – add 2 drops of essential oil to a spray bottle of 100ml water. Shake and then mist your face and body with your eyes closed. Enjoy the sensation.
- Compress – add 3-6 drops of essential oil in 200ml of water. Soak a washcloth, then press it into the face.
- Massage / Moisturiser
- Body massage – we recommend 10 drops of essential oils per 20ml of massage oil. This will give you a 2.5% dilution, which is suitable for an all over body massage.
- Facial massage – Use 5 ml (that is a teaspoon) of massage oil and add 1 to 2 drops of essential oil.
*halve dose for children, and halve again for infants and when pregnant
Personalised Oil Blend
You can create a blend using the sheet on the following page according to the benefit you would like to enjoy. Or you can create an intuitive blend by closing your eyes and smelling each oil to feel which your body responds to. It is best to choose just 3 oils. Add a drop of each and smell, then keep adding to get the combination you like. Write down the recipe. Put a cap on and shake to blend.
To use: Pump a small amount into your palms and rub together to warm and spread the oil. Massage, using long soothing strokes, into freshly cleansed skin until absorbed.
Special Care with Essential Oils
For topical or aromatic use. Store out of direct sunlight in a cool place. Avoid contact with eyes and other sensitive areas. Observe appropriate dosage variations. Do a patch test if suspected allergies are present. Keep out of the reach of children – to be administered by adults. Phototoxic cross essential oils (citrus oils); are not to be used in the presence of UV light, natural sunlight or sun beds, or for at least 4 hours afterwards.
If pregnant, nursing, taking medication or if you have a medical condition, consult your health practitioner before use. People with high blood pressure or epilepsy should consult a health professional before using peppermint or rosemary.
Low blood pressure and depression should avoid Marjoram.
Seek advice from a health care professional for use with babies and children. During pregnancy, the following are not recommended for topical – Basil, Clary Sage, Marjoram Peppermint or Rosemary.