We all typically come out of winter with skin that isn’t at the top of its condition. Long months of cold weather, indoor heat, dry air, and wind have likely taken their toll. Plus, if you lived in the northern climates, you may have eaten a bit more sugar and carbs than usual, as when we don’t have access to the sun, we tend to crave these things. Unfortunately, these foods can create skin issues, leaving it looking dull and sluggish for summer.
The quickest and most effective way to rejuvenate your skin is exfoliation!
Dead skin cells will stop your products from penetrating the skin effectively, stopping them close to the surface. The older we become, the slower our skin cells regenerate, meaning that old cells will stick around a lot longer. If allowed to build up too far, it can make our skin appear dull, rough, dry and wrinkled. Dead cells are also one of the most common culprits for blocked pores, which can lead to acne, blemishes and an oily complexion. And for all the fake tanners out there, regular exfoliation before applying tan will give you a longer lasting and more even summer glow, without any additional aftercare.
Exfoliation tips and tricks to get your skin summer ready:
- Exfoliating once to twice a week will usually ensure a regular turnover of skin cells
- Always adequately moisturise afterwards to help restore the skin’s natural oils
- Avoid abrasive ingredients such as nutshells, fruit seeds or harsh chemicals. These will damage your skin further and accelerate ageing
- Never scrub hard and always let the product do the work, lest you irritate your skin
- If your product’s instructions advise rubbing the exfoliant in your hards first, always do so – this is ensuring that the particles have no rough edges, and won’t cause damage
- If you have sensitive skin, avoid any harsh chemicals or ingredients. Try to find an enzyme based exfoliate that will gently break down cells without any physical particles.
For the Face
- Purifying, healing and detoxifying anti-bacterial properties help treat and prevent acne, congestion and devitalised skin.
- A rich array of super nutrients from ocean and earth activates skin cell regenerating properties that defy ageing and nurture a healthy glowing and youthful complexion.
- Improves skin tone and lightening of the complexion while helping your skin maintain its firmness and hydration.
- Suitable for most skin types especially combination, normal and oily.
- Organic Spirulina – Known as one of the “superfoods”, Spirulina is a type of oceanic algae that contains a wide array of nutrients. Spirulina contains high-quality protein and large concentrations of vitamins and minerals, including the B complex vitamins, minerals such as calcium and iron, and vital amino acids. Spirulina is also high in a specific and rare type of fatty acid called gamma linolenic acid that is found in very few substances on Earth.
- Exfoliates skin of dead skin cells, impurities, excess oil and detoxifies skin of negative ions caused by free radicals.
- Rejuvenates skin’s hydration and moisture to prevent damaged barrier function leaving skin soft and glowing.
- Soothes inflammation and irritated skins like eczema and acne.
- Kaolin Clay, the most gentlest of clays beneficial for even the most sensitive of skins and thinned, mature skins. Removes surface build up of dead skin cells, impurities and excess oil. Stimulates the lymphatic system and circulation to detoxify and rejuvenate skin great in helping treat acne.
- Quartz, a powerful anti-inflammatory and soothing properties to ease irritated skins and smooth away fine lines and wrinkles for a healthy, fresh glow.