Australia in Aromatherapy
Australia can be characterised by a wide variety of scents, varying from bushland to the ocean. Used within aromatherapy, Australian essential oils can evoke a sense of comfort and familiarity, as well as imparting on us a multitude of healing benefits. We have searched the country for the best Australian native ingredients to create this range of essential oils, and can't wait to share the amazing aromas and blends with you!
Australian Native Essential Oils - Individual Blends
- Lemon Myrtle Leaf Oil*
- Rosalina Oil*
- Fragonia Branch / Leaf Oil
- Kunzea Oil
- Tea Tree
Inspired by Forest Bathing, our founder formulated a unique blend using native Australian oils called Breath of Australia. The intention is to invite you to a healing walk through the Aussie Bush, receiving its balancing, refreshing and restoring medicine one breath at a time.
Key ingredients in Breath of Australia Essential Oil Blend: A blessing from the bush, Breath of Australia inspires the 'breath of life', providing a clearing, refreshing and strengthening aroma. Blended to encapsulate the spirit of native Australia, key ingredients include:
- Uplifting, relaxing, sedative and calming. Improves concentration, acts as an anti-depressive, soothes hypertension, boosts happiness, aids sleep, removes bad smells from rooms.
- High in vitamin C and extremely rich in citral making it very useful for purification. Lemon Myrtle is even more anti-fungal, antimicrobial and anti-bacterial than that of Tea Tree.
- Relaxing, soothing, cooling, centering and sensual. It promotes restful sleep and helps to ease an anxious mind. It's considered an aid in meditation and prayer--a common practice is placing a drop of sandalwood oil on the third eye. It's grounding in times of emotional distraction and helps bring peace and acceptance in times of loss.
- Main Actives of Australian Sandalwood Essential Oil: alpha-santalol, epi-alpha-bisalobol, trans-farnesol, cis-beta-santalol, trans-alpha-bergamotol. santalol: it is known to release endorphins into the brain and stimulate the pineal gland, releasing tension by slowing the mind and breathing.
- Ideal when meditating or needing protection, grounding and courage.
- Used to help through the ages, it has been valued for its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. Excellent hydrating oil for dry skin said to strengthen the connective tissue and help water retention in the skin. It retains great skin balancing properties and helps open the mind into a deep meditative state promoting a sense of inner focus. Use for relaxing with a harmonising and calming effect.
- Balance, Harmony, Letting Go. Ideal for anyone going through stressful times. Calms the mind, unblocks emotions, resets old patterns, and can guide insight. Harmonises and restores tranquility and peace.
- Regenerating and balancing for the skin with anti-septic, anti-microbial properties.
- Soft, lemony, medicinal and floral aroma. Native to southeastern Australia and used in bush medicine for 1000s of years with properties similar to Lavender and Eucalyptus, but more gentle. Safe for children and nursing mothers.
- Calm, Relax, Soothe. Ease worries, calm headaches and irregular heartbeats and reduce stress in the nervous, respiratory and digestive systems.
- Soothing for Inflamed, red, sensitive or acne-prone skin, Supports the respiratory and immune system, helps clear up congestion and relieves symptoms of seasonal allergies.
- Ideal for use when exercising, recuperating, or just breathing deeply.
- Energise and moisturise the skin, creating a more radiant, firmer-looking complexion. Also useful in controlling oily breakouts.
- Very effective at repelling insects during hot Australian summers.
- Ideal when cleansing your body and mind, being active, travelling to tropical climates, or soaking your feet.
- Cleanse and tone oily and combination skin, as well as cleansing acne-prone skin. It can also revitalise and moisturise tired and congested complexions.
- For use around the home, it eliminates odour causing bacteria.